Please join us for a Dolores Huerta community potluck at 6 p.m. on Thursday, December 14, to celebrate the conclusion of the first half of our school year together in addition to the 100-year anniversary of our school Parent Teacher Association (PTA)!
Dolores Huerta Elementary originally started as Fairmount School in September 1864 and is one of the oldest schools in the City and County of San Francisco. In addition, our PTA is the third oldest in San Francisco.
We are proud of our PTA and all that we have accomplished over the years, including the beautifying our campus with greenery and eco-friendly structures; supporting field trips to Slide Ranch, Angel Island, Westminster Woods, museums, Mission Science and other locations; providing professional development opportunities and classroom materials for teachers and staff; purchasing hardware and software to better use technology in support of our students’ academic learning; organizing and funding a new turf and playground for our yards; and bringing more arts enrichment programs to our classrooms; and working hand-in-hand with ELAC to support our students. Not only does PTA enrich students’ learning and support teachers, but it also draws together our community members to create a network of support and friendships.
- Attend the Potluck: Thursday, December 14, at 6 p.m. in the school Cafeteria.
- Please bring a dish to share.
- Enjoy a slideshow to commemorate this Centennial celebration.
- Take advantage of an opportunity to purchase special commemorative hats and t-shirts.
- Raise a toast to celebrate our organization’s long history.
- Share your memories of the school.
- Invite Fairmount/Dolores Huerta Elementary alumni to join the event!