Please join in the fun and be a part of Dolores Huerta’s YMCA Afterschool Program! Our program is a collaborative effort between Dolores Huerta Elementary School, the Mission YMCA, SFUSD – ExCEL, and San Francisco Department of Children, Youth and Their Families.
Our program promotes youth development by supporting academic needs, engaging youth in recreational activities and providing educational and interactive enrichment. We believe youth deserve a quality program that encourages emotional, social, and academic growth.
The YMCA staff provides a safe and structured environment for our students to learn and have fun.
Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
- 2:50pm – 3:30pm Sign-In, Supper, Community Clean Up
- 3:30pm – 4:10pm Recreation
- 4:15pm – 4:25pm Wind Down
- 4:30pm – 5:35pm Focused Learning (Academics / Enrichment / Youth Choice Activities)
- 5:40pm – 6:00pm Sign Out
Thursday — early release day
- 1:35pm – 2:15pm Sign-In, Supper, Community Clean Up
- 2:20pm – 3:05pm Student of the Week
- 3:10pm – 4:10pm Focused Learning (Academics / Enrichment / Youth Choice Activities)
- 4:15pm – 5:00pm Recreation
- 5:05pm – 6:00pm Sign Out
Please Note: This is NOT a homework completion program or a drop in program. The program consists of academic support, recreation, and enrichment.
ExCEL funded students are expected to attend five days a week until 5:30pm.
Financial assistance is available.
The YMCA also offers a fee-based before-school program. Students can be dropped off as early as 7am and will be safe and supported until school starts at 8:30am.
- You may only enroll in the Extended Care Program, once you have successfully enrolled at Dolores Huerta Elementary School.
- The YMCA Dolores Huerta Extended Care Program begins on the first day of school and runs through the last day of school.
- The program is closed during all school holidays, professional development days, and breaks.
- Students are to report to the after school program immediately after school is released. Younger grades will be assisted.
- Please bring a photo id daily at pickup.
If you have any questions about payments, payment plans, or financial assistance please contact the Mission YMCA at 415-586-6900. You can also find out more information on the YMCA’s website.
Family Engagement Coordinator
Sr. Director of Community Programs
4080 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94112